Crime statistics are a constant reminder of the need for companies and organisations to have in place measures to protect their assets and even their ability to stay in business. The Clover SX Integrated Facility Security System enables Facilities Managers to control all aspects of security and safety while minimising costs, especially in terms of security staff.
A single PC, which can simultaneously perform other tasks in a Microsoft Windows environment, is the control point for all the following functions and more - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
• Access control for doors, lifts and vehicle barriers
• Centralised intruder, fire and safety alarm monitoring
• Fire and emergency evacuation muster reporting
• Staff time & attendance monitoring
• Record keeping for European Working Time Directive
• Remote opening of doors and switching of CCTV etc.
• Recording of all access and guard tours
• Switching off unnecessary heating and lighting
Although the system may be operated by a security guard savings can often be made by having it controlled by a receptionist, telephonist or secretary as a secondary task. Use of proprietary software such as PC-ANYWHERE allows control of the system from other points on a computer network.
The SX Integrated Building Security System consists of up to 128 Clover door, lift and vehicle barrier access controllers and alarm controllers connected by a multi-drop 4-wire twisted pair cable running RS485 communications to a line sharing module (LSM) and thence via RS232 communications to a PC and printer.